WELCOME!

Welcome to Clarineticus Intergalacticus!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Premiere Performance of Newly-Discovered Schubert Manuscript!

In my first post for Clarineticus Intergalacticus, I want to present an exciting musicological discovery of interest to us in the clarinet world: Chicago's CUBE ensemble in a premiere performance of a newly-discovered original manuscript of Schubert's "Der Hirt auf dem Felsen", D. 965 ("The Shepherd on the Rock"). Watch below to experience the piece as Schubert had originally intended. Try to detect the subtle differences between this heretofore undiscovered score and the familiar version you might expect.



Fascinating, no? As you may expect, this post was intended for April Fools' Day (sorry, Kristen). How does one find an entertaining gem like the video above? Follow cl_music_bot on twitter. A "bot" on twitter is not an account used by a real person, but rather a piece of code (kind of like a robot, right?). Cl_music_bot searches YouTube for clarinet-related videos and tweets them regularly, keeping nerds like me entertained and educated. Enjoy!

P.S. I want to thank Kristen for inviting me to contribute to Clarineticus Intergalacticus! You can learn more about me, David, by reading my interview in an earlier post. Stay tuned for more posts from both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment